Description

My journey. Takayasu's Arteritis. Feeding my Family. Health. The Paleo Choice.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Shredded Mexican Chicken Tacos

Shredded Mexican Chicken Tacos:

2-3 Larger Sized Chicken Breasts or equivalent
1/2 half Onion Sliced
1/2 half Green Pepper Sliced
1/2 half Colored Pepper Sliced (or just a whole green one) I like a little red as well.
3 Roma tomatoes roasted or a can of tomatoes
2 cups Chicken Stock
2 tsp Favorite Mexican seasoning (more to taste, I went to far last time, ahhaha)
dash of cilantro

Put All in a pot and boil together until chicken is cooked through. You can crock-pot this as well.
I let this go a few hours, add more stock if needed. Shred chicken when cooked through, and stir all together well, and simmer for 10+ minutes more or until liquid has reduced. This can be ready in 45 minutes or many hours. Depends on how much time you want to put into it.

Fill crisp lettuce with Filling, top with crumbled muenster cheese if you are eating dairy.

Favorite Mexican Seasoning:
4 Tbs chili powder (I make my own)
4 Tbs Paprika
2Tbs Coriander
1 Tbs Salt
1 1/2 Tbs Cumin
2 tsp Cayenne
2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp oregano (I like Mexican oregano, but regular works)

No comments:

Post a Comment