Description

My journey. Takayasu's Arteritis. Feeding my Family. Health. The Paleo Choice.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Poor Man's Irish Stew... A SEMI paleo Recipe

I am going to call this a Semi Paleo recipe... because as listed, it is probably not what you are looking for as a Neanderthal.
I would make the necessary modifications if I was going 'hard core', but right now I am taking it 'easy'. 

Chancey Irish Stew Recipe
  
  •  14-16 oz smoked kielbasa or sausage of your choosing. I chose a nice smoked greasy kielbasa.  Cut into 1/2-1 inch slices.
  •  8 frozen Corn Cob halves
  • Bag of baby carrots. Smaller bag.
  • 1 small onion chopped
  • 6 Potatoes quartered
  • half head of cabbage, rough chopped and reserved til end. 
  • 3 cloves crushed garlic
  • 1 TBS Paprika
  • 1 TBS Black Pepper
  • pinch of salt optional
  • bay leaf
  • 4-6 Cups beef Stock
  • 4-6 Cups Chicken Stock
Combine all ingredients except for cabbage, in stock pot or crockpot. Simmer low to med heat for 4-8 hours. 20 minutes before serving bring to a soft boil and add in cabbage to soften cabbage. Serve once cabbage is wilted lightly. 
More pepper may be desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment