Description

My journey. Takayasu's Arteritis. Feeding my Family. Health. The Paleo Choice.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Taco Night?

One of our only hang ups about dropping breads/carbs out of our daily line up is that being Mexican in background... I have a tendency to make rice and of course a lot of Tortillas. 
We LOVE Tortillas around here. We make our own, we buy them local... we will eat them anywhere, anytime, with anything (or alone)!!!!!!!!

So, How do I make my favorite meats that we usually fill up our Tortillas with???
My solution is... Mexican Lettuce Tacos! 
Using Lettuce Wrap Technology... we made pork filling and my famous Chicken Burrito filling (coming later). Ha.

Here is my Pork Recipe:

PORK TACOS:
5-7 lbs Pork Loin
1/4 - 1/2 cup Fat oil
3 Tbs Chili Powder
1 Tbs Cumin
1 Tbs Granulated Garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper

Start by covering your pork loin in water, and I like to add some homemade salsa or something I enjoy for a little flavor to the water, not sure if it makes a difference.
Simmer on Low for 7-8 hours, you can crockpot this as well.
When the loin is ready to shred easily, remove from water and shred.
In a separate sauce pan, warm your fat/oil with your 1/2 to all of your seasonings, just to a warm, not a boil.
Add this to your meat, and mix well.
Serve in Lettuce Wraps, if you are eating cheese - I recommend  Muenster!
Sauteed peppers and Onions are also a great condiment!

(I am not eating this, being on the Autoimmune guidelines... but my family is eating it happily!)

No comments:

Post a Comment